- Isata – piano
- Braimah – violin
- Sheku – cello
- Rachmaninov – Trio Elegiaque No 1 in G Minor
- Dvorak (cello)- Rondo no 9 in G Minor
- Saint-Saens (violin)- Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso
- Chopin (piano) Sonata no 2 in B Flat Minor – 1st Movement
- Shostakovich – Piano Trio no 2 in E Minor
Thanks to Debbie and Jonathan Richards I was able to contact a musician I first listened to about 6 or 7 years ago at RNCM.
Isata was already an accomplished pianist then but has since progressed to the Royal Academy. I have not heard either Braimah or Sheku live but they both have immense performance experience and are major prize-winners. The evidence of Sheku’s Shostakovich concerto in winning the 2016 BBC Young Musician final means that he has a major career ahead – once he leaves school, of course.
Tonight’s programme gives us an opportunity to hear each of them solo and the 2 trios are both accessible to audiences.
A great programme.