Soloists: Jeremy Huw Williams baritone, Ellis Thomas piano
- Programme: Divertimento in F major, K138 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- The Dark Island Grace Williams Prologue
- Piano Concerto in D Minor BWV 1052 Johann Sebastian Bach
- ‘The Soul’s Expression’ Eleanor Alberga
- Hobed o Hilion William Mathias
- Capriol Suite Peter Warlock
Anthony has a long connection to our club. Tonight he brings with him both a well established singer and a rising young, and “local”, pianist whose musical career we are following with great interest.
Soloist: David Shaw, violin Jeremy Huw Williams baritone
- Arcangelo Corelli Concerto Grosso in G minor, Op.6 No.8 “Christmas Concerto”
- Béla Bartók Rumanian Folk Dances
- J S Bach Concerto for violin No. 2 in E major,
- Joseph Davies Echoes (1st performance)
- Gustav Holst St. Paul’s Suite
This orchestra usually includes about 20 performers under the baton of Anthony Hose, a conductor with great international experience.
At present Anthony works at Stetson University in Florida and I have yet to establish what would make him return to the UK in December when he could be enjoying the sunshine state. Anyway, his return to North Wales is our gain.
As part of our commitment to young musicians we ensure that they are provided with opportunities to develop their careers with our support and David Shaw has been and will continue to be a regular visitor to the club.